(after 18 years in UpperAustria,
13 years in Vienna, 1.5 years in Berlin,
1 year in Copenhagen)
KiezExplorer, TheFlyingApp, Orbitalism.
Over 8+ years of professional experience working in the field of web-media for agencies and clients
(like BMW, Coca-Cola, Microsoft, Siemens, Telekom Austria, Swisscom).
|birthday:||2. April 1982|
|profession:||Interaction Design / Product Design & Management|
|2012 – 2013||Master level programme – Interaction Design @ CIID (Copenhagen Institute of Interaction Design)|
|2001 – 2004||Bachelor of Arts – Multimedia Art @ SAE & MDX London|
|since 2015||Senior Interaction Designer – working at Google. (Munich & Mountain View office)|
|since 2013||Freelance Interaction Designer – working for Startups & International Companies. (e.g. 6 month product design projekt for Deutsche Telekom Design departement Bonn)|
|2012 – 2014||Flying iPhone App – Co-Founder, UI/UX Designer, Product-Manager|
|2011 – 2014||KiezExplorer.com – Co-Founder, UI/UX Designer, Product-Manager|
|2004 – 2011||working @ knallgrau in Vienna.
starting with an internship in September 2004,
since January 2005 – Full Time Designer
since January 2006 – Art Director
since January 2008 – Key Account Manager for BMW Group projects.
since Sept 2010 – UI/UX Design & Concept at the Virtual-Identity (new owner of knallgrau) Office Berlin.
|June 2006||6 week internship in New York @ CDS / CCC|
|2004 – 2006||Freelancer|
|2004 – 2005||Supervisor & Teacher @ the SAE College
15 KB of Fame
- co-organized the first Barcamp in Austria
- article about my New York internship in the austrian newspaper “Kurier” (lang=de)
- article about my iPhone Research project in the austrian newspaper “DerStandard” (lang=de)
- Chrome for iPad. Interface Design Mockup. featured on techcrunch.com
- ONE GIANT ARM featured my Johnny Jungle photoproject.
- Interview with THE ILLUMINATOR about Neukölln, gentrification and the KiezExplorer iPhone App.
- the Bikeborg project. featured on theCreatorsProject and on Inhabitat
- #CPHsignals project featured on Wired, Creative Applications, CNET.
- BlindMaps featured on Fast.Co Design
- Flying App & Startup featured on Fast.Co Design, NYtimes, DerStandard, WEAVE Magazin and won the VIR-Startup-of-the-Year-2013-award.
- Interview with UserSnap on my approach to design.
smeidu’s Planet Earth Discovery according to Google.